Already have a Username/Password for South African Journal of Bioethics and Law?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Named authors consent to publication and meet the requirements of authorship as set out by the journal.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The text complies with the stylistic and bibliographic requirements in Author Guidelines.
- The manuscript is in Microsoft Word or RTF document format. The text is single-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font, and contains no unnecessary formatting.
- Illustrations/figures are high resolution/quality (not compressed) and in an acceptable format (preferably TIFF or PNG). These must be submitted as 'supplementary files' (not in the manuscript).
- For illustrations/figures or tables that have been published elsewhere, the author has obtained written consent to republication from the copyright holder.
- Where possible, references are accompanied by a digital object identifier (DOI) and PubMed ID (PMID)/PubMed Central ID (PMCID).
- An abstract has been included where applicable.
- The research was approved by a Research Ethics Committee (if applicable)
- Any conflict of interest (or competing interests) is indicated by the author(s).
Copyright of published material remains in the Authors’ name. This allows authors to use their work for their own non-commercial purposes without seeking permission from the Publisher, subject to properly acknowledging the Journal as the original place of publication.
Authors are free to copy, print and distribute their articles, in full or in part, for teaching activities, and to deposit or include their work in their own personal or institutional database or on-line website. Authors are requested to inform the Journal/Publishers of their desire/intention to include their work in a thesis or dissertation or to republish their work in any derivative form (but not for commercial use).
Material submitted for publication in the SAJBL is accepted provided it has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Please inform the editorial team if the main findings of your paper have been presented at a conference and published in abstract form, to avoid copyright infringement.
The SAJBL is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of this journal website. The names, personal particulars and email addresses entered in this website will be used only for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available to third parties without the user’s permission or due process. Users consent to receive communication from the SAJBL for the stated purposes of the journal. Queries with regard to privacy may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.